Happiness Tip 3#

I came across this great article on happiness aand I would like to share with you this particular point that I would like to add to the HAPPINESS LIST (look out for it on Friday!).

I think the point is well presented so I shall retain its authenticity by showing you the original snippet of the article. I present to you...

Happiness Tip 3#

Do what you like to do.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Albert Schweitzer

Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

A pretty obvious one. But it’s still easy to trap yourself into doing what you don’t want to for many, many hours. And seldom do what you really love to do. And I guess this one ties into tip #1. You may not be able to choose to do what you want to do right now. Or for many hours each day or week. But you almost always have a choice to do more of what you really want to do. There is always time. Or time you can free up . You have a choice.

Thanks Henrik Edberg for the excellent advice!

Thank you for reading this article! Do share your thoughts, stories or comments. Feedback is highly valued here at The Present Gift. Feel free to drop a comment or e-mail me – just click on the Contact tab at the top of the page for my details.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I know is, if you do the work that you love and that work fulfils you, the rest will come

-Oprah Winfrey-

A quote I want to share

Grace said...

Lily: Thanks for sharing the quote! Oprah definitely got to where she is now, not just through hard work but also through the love she has for the things that she's doing. :)

Copyright © 2008 - The Present Gift - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template